Thursday, December 31, 2009

The BIL

Those that know me know I'm not one to get super excited or super angry easy. I do get riled up over certain subjects but those occasions are rare and usually involve alcohol. ;) Anyway, there is one thing that gets me riled up and that is my brother-in-law. As I previously mentioned, he said I was an "embarrassment to the family" at his wedding. Whatthefuckever. It's not like I was drunk or dancing on tables. Puh-lease.

This whole thing come out last week when he called to talk to my husband. I knew it was him and I also knew I did not want to talk to him. I was busy and my husband brought me the phone. Ugh. No, I don't want to talk to your asshole brother. Hubby mouthed to me that he was going to apologize. Okay, fine. But then I am on the phone and he starts in on me and I let loose. I told him (almost) everything I thought and we ended up having a yelling match on the phone. It was still not resolved. If I would have let him I think he would have wanted to "talk it out" for hours. He felt it needed to be resolved over the phone that day. Sorry, dude, ain't happenin'. I told him he had to cut me some slack because he had probably been thinking about calling and planning what he was going to say to me while I was caught totally unprepared. My husband could hear me down the hall and said I held my own. I was riled up for a while after that phone call. My husband said he didn't know it was going to go like that, he thought he was going to apologize. Wrong-O.

I could go on about all the bullshit he was spewing but it's not worth my time to type it all out. It's stupid and we still don't understand why he feels my behavior is worth all this crap. I mean, really, was it that bad that you alienate your brother and his wife? Really?!?

He's coming in to town tomorrow. I will be cordial but I'm not exactly excited to see him. I'm happy that he's back from Iraq, safe and sound, but we're not gonna be best friends again any time soon. Some more time will have to pass before we can move in that direction. We'll have to see how the weekend goes. We're going over to stay with my in-laws so we'll be in close quarters. At least if things start to go badly, we can come home.

No comments: