I had to deal with some stuff last month that I never thought I'd have to deal with again in a million years. Okay, maybe not a million years but you get the idea. May was an interesting month and I'm glad it's gone. There were a rough couple of weeks with a couple of very stressful days and I'm glad they're over.
Summer is here and I am loving that every day is wide open. I hate schedules when they're imposed by someone else. I have our schedule laid out but it's not a fixed schedule so the girls have at least an idea of what is happening everyday. If they beg to go to the pool I can say "look at the schedule, it's Monday, we have to do laundry and pick up before we go." They seem to be mostly agreeable. My 8 year old seems to do better with some sort of schedule, however loose it may be. I'm more lax on some rules during the summer but try to keep the basic stuff.
Training has been hit or miss since school got out. I have our daily schedule worked out but haven't figured out how to work training in to our day. But truthfully, I haven't tried all that hard, either. I ride 2 or 3 times and swim 2 or 3 times and that's okay with me. I don't have any races planned so more training isn't necessary. I am working on accepting that this is the way it's going to be this season. I might be able to do one or two late season races but they're up in the air right now too.
It's Friday so that means sweeping and vacuuming before we go to the pool. :) Hope you enjoy your weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment