Monday, May 17, 2010

Even keel

When I started my other blog I really thought I'd have material for both but as of late, I haven't. Things have been going okay and I've been busy training so not much has gone in to this blog. This one is still more personal while the other is about training, riding and other related subjects that strike my fancy. ;)

I have, for the most part, had a good 2010 so far. Things have pretty much stayed on an even keel. There was a brief time when I was working through some issues but they have faded. I made my training log private and wrote a never to be published entry on here that helped. I was able to work through it without putting it all out there. There really was some therapy to getting it down even if I am the only one who will ever see it. I felt better after I typed it, like I'd told someone about it.

Now the only thing getting me down is not being able to race. Because of family obligations and financial reasons I have missed and will miss several races I'd tentatively planned to do. I'm bummed I am missing my original "A" race this weekend. I sat down yesterday and tried to schedule the rest of my season. I love riding just to ride but I feel better when I have a goal, it gives me focus.

With the end of school comes a feeling of freedom that I've been missing. Only 5 days of school left and we're "free" for ten weeks. At least we won't be bound by the school schedule anymore. We have a couple things planned that I hope will make it a good summer like our last one. Hopefully a beach do-over as well.

No comments: