Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Highs and lows

I can't believe it's been two months since my last entry and nothing has changed. I still don't have a job even though I have made many, many applications and even had a few interviews. Our situation is NOT better. The ups and downs up job hunting and out financial situation is wearing on me. I feel like I am doing so many things to help the situation but it barely makes a dent. I can't even get a call from Target. Have you ever talked to the geniuses there? What is wrong with me???

And the Mommy guilt I have from sending my (just barely) 5 year old to the all day Pre-K has its' own ups and downs. Especially on the days she has a meltdown over something that wouldn't normally bother her or has soccer and falls asleep on the way home... both because she's so tired from being at school all day. I try to explain that if she'd try to nap she wouldn't be so tired but I know I can't change it - she quit napping at 2.5 years old.

I told Dan last night that something's gotta give. Something has to change. I can't keep doing this.

1 comment:

StephB said...

Every mom who has been a SAHM and gone back to work has that guilt. You can't change the fact of the guilt, but you can change how you respond to the guilty feelings. For example, kids just get tired when they first start "real" school - if it weren't this year, you'd get the same problems next year in kindergarden and that is not a choice, so what difference does the year make? Just help E cope with the fatigue as best you can.

And, I know this is anathama to some SAHMs, but you have to do what is right FOR YOUR FAMILY not just what "the experts" say is right for the kids. Personally, I think "the experts" are full of crap anyway but that is another post. Anything that puts additional stress (financial, time or otherwise) on your family can't happen, so half-day pre-K is not right for the family. You have to suck it up and get a job, so E can suck it up at all-day pre-K. She will get into the routine and it will be fine in a month, I promise.

I don't know about the job thing. Keep trying! Something will come around!!