I have too much time on my hands these days. We're working on getting back to a routine and my day is locked in to making sure I am home to meet the bus at 3. No ifs, ands or buts about that one. So, most days this week we've been home and I've gotten bored. I know, I know... many people would love to have that complaint but it doesn't work for me. Without a challenge or goal I get antsy - I snack way too much and I try to occupy my time by wasting it on the computer. I need a plan of action. I need a challenge. I need a job.
If you hadn't guessed, school has started again 'round here. It's weird to be back to it after 8 weeks. I actually miss having my older daughter at home during the day. We had a very busy summer and it was over too quickly. It's still early in the year and super hot so it doesn't feel like "fall" quite yet. Soon our lives will be busy with 2nd grade homework, soccer practices, games and Brownies.
That reminds me - I need to find an activity for my 3 (almost 4) year old. I'm sure she'd love do an activity of her own. Hmmm... I'll have to research that. She wasn't old enough for soccer this year, that will have to wait until she's actually 4. She does start preschool next week and she is so excited. She's going 3 days a week from 8:30-11:30 and she can't wait. She is so ready. I knew when I was pregnant that I didn't want to have an August baby (she was due September 4th) so she would always be the oldest but didn't realize (at the time) the huge differences at this age. Even six months is a big difference at this age and she will be 4 in a class of 3 year olds. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's the oldest. I'm just unsure about how she'll do in preschool: will she be bored? will she get in trouble because she's bored? will she bully the other kids because she's older? It's only 3 hours a day and I know I'm over thinking it. I guess I will find out starting next week.
I could ramble on but this is it for now. I expect I'll be blogging on a more regular basis now that I have to be on a schedule.
1 comment:
Dagny is the same age (her birthday is early Oct) and has done fine in preschool. I had the same worries as you, but she just took over and is the class bossy-pants.
Post a Comment