Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ironman

I totally got sucked in to the online feed of the finish line. I can't believe I am toying with the idea of an Ironman in 2011. I have definitely lost my mind. This goes along with my thoughts of doing a full mary next year and then the Disney marathon in January '11. I decided a long time ago that 2011 would be the earliest I could do an IM after my youngest is in pre-k and then kindergarten. IM Lou seems like the perfect candidate: it's a drivable distance, the weather is similar to here and it's not pancake flat. All good qualities for me. BUT I also decided I wasn't going to go long until I had a tri bike. I guess I need to get my butt in gear and save some cash.

2 comments:

StephB said...

I'm liking you saving cash for another pretty bike. I like the looks of the Orbeas. Don't know if they ARE good, but they LOOK good. I'm too afraid of the heat at IMKY. The last 3 years it has been in the 90s. UGH.

The Cranky Princess said...

Sounds like a tri bike and IM are in your very near future! Exciting :0).