For shits and giggles, I went back and was reading my training log from my first year. I'm glad I started logging when I first started so I can go back and see what I was doing. It's funny, there are some things from '06 that I wrote about in my log that I remember doing. The main thing that jumped out at me was, at that time, a race was my main motivation. Now my motivation is centered around the fact that I like training (on the bike) and it's just what I do. Somewhere along the line my motivation changed from extrinsic to intrisic.
It's not really an epiphany because I think I've mentioned it before but it's like a snapshot of me as a newbie. Some of it is humorous now because I had no idea at the time. I was enthusiastic but finding the motivation was sometimes hard after being inactive for a couple years prior. And I had a baby - the little one was about 7 months old when I started "official" tri training.
Anyway, I like to go back and see how far I've come. A lot has changed through 4 seasons of training. Of course, there is still a lot to learn and in bike racing I am a newbie so I guess I'm starting over.
No comments:
Post a Comment