Wednesday, October 29, 2008

As I get older....

....they stay the same age. Seriously, kids don't change. I have come to this realization recently and it makes me feel old. Not old like my Sciatica is acting up but old just the same. My daughter told me last week about a game they play at school during recess: the girls chase the boys and try to kiss them. The 2008 version of "The Kissing Game" that I played at High Meadows in 1982. I remember running through the woods in 1st and 2nd grade chasing boys and trying to catch them to kiss them. Of course they ran away in horror so it made the game fun. I have the feeling that the boys at my daughter's school have the same reaction. Another thing that made me laugh is my daughter reciting "eeney, meany, miney, mo." How does something like this get passed down? Is it just inherent? When kids enter 1st grade does something awaken in their brain and all of a sudden they know that if he hollers, let him go?

We had an idea at the bike shop one day that we were going to make a show like 'The Office.' But it would take place at the shop and it would be real, for the most part. Charlie wanted to put a hidden camera in the shop and it would be an online show. I came up the name, Changing Gears. It is cheesy but we liked it anyway. There are many days when we have crazy stuff happen that could be entertaining. We have some interesting characters too, like the dude who runs the store next door. He has crazy eyes and every time I think about it I crack up; mostly due to Charlie's description of them after we made him go over and buy electrical tape. Next Door Dude has crazy eyes like one eye looks straight (sort of) and the other one looks at his nose all the time. And the fact that he's weird and his store smells like my grandma's basement doesn't make us want to go over and chat with him either, even if he didn't have crazy eyes.

No comments: