Yes folks, I now have my own blog. I have too much time on my hands. I should be doing stuff around the house but spend too much time on the computer. So, I figured if I'm going to be on here anyway, might as well have an outlet. Being at home with a 3 year old just isn't the same as being with other adults. While she is definitely one of the smartest 3 year olds I know, it's not like I can laugh about 'The Office' or talk about the new album by Conor Oberst.
It's been hard adjusting to not working again. I was a stay at home mom for 4 years before I went back to work part-time and have worked at the shop for just over a year. I miss working. Part of it is getting out of the house to go to a job that I love and part of it is having my own paycheck again. It's difficult to totally rely on someone else to pay for everything and I don't do it well. In fact, I'm terrible at it. I know this and still fall in to the same old habits. I have gotten better but I still hold on to old ideas and habits with money.
I also miss being able to ride my bike. I love my bikes and riding outside. The trainer just isn't the same. I have accepted the fact that in order to keep my current fitness I am going to have to reestablish a relationship with my trainer. It is neglected all summer and I think it's jealous. Actually, I know it is. But I also know it will get over it. Most of my weekday rides will be on the trainer so it will get used and abused and I think it likes it rough.
Blogging like this is new to me so I'm going to have to figure it out. Will I get on every time I have a random thought? Will I save up my random thoughts so I can have a longer entry? We shall see, we shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment