Friday, October 31, 2008

I am an endorphin junkie

My husband and I had a conversation last night about how to deal with my little hiatus. He's noticed some depression, frustration and moodiness. Well, seems I'm not hiding my feelings as well as I thought I was because he nailed it. I am trying so hard to NOT be bitter because what happen with my hours wasn't personal. I know it wasn't, I do, but there are times when I have to fight hard to keep the bitterness at bay. Anyway, the reason for the conversation was because I called my husband at work yesterday on the verge of tears because I was frustrated. The weather has been beautiful all week and I haven't been able to ride since Sunday. All I could do yesterday was stand by the back door and stare longingly outside and think about riding. I am having the hardest time figuring out what to do with my time and how to get my "fix" with a preschooler in-tow. I have a friend who has a bike trailer that she's going to let me borrow, hallelujah! I will be able to take the little one to the park next week and pull her behind my bike. But yesterday, I was about to go to the store and buy one of my own; that's how badly I wanted to get out. He observed that I am not a homebody (contrary to what I sometimes think in my own head) and being here with so many things to do but no schedule to do it really doesn't work for me. I will figure out a schedule next week, if for nothing else then to keep my sanity. And I will try to figure out if I want to stay in limbo and wait for things to work out or search for something else. I still need my fix, good thing I will be able to get out tomorrow and Sunday.

No comments: