Sunday, August 30, 2009

Excluded

It's an odd thing to be involuntarily excluded and to know about it via facebook updates. I'd be lying if it didn't sting just a little.

This isn't the first time it's happen and it stung last time too. I'm probably being too oversensitive, childish and slightly unrealistic. Why would I expect to be invited when I barely talk in person with these women? Maybe because I've known them since my freshman year of college and was always a member of "that group." And since the discovery of Facebook, have had regular interaction with many of them.

The childish part of my mind wants to send them a message. I won't. The realistic part knows that it would only cause more problems then it would solve.

I guess the thing that bothers me is that this is group of us that hung around at college and my husband gave us a name. Now they still use that name even though many are not included. It's dumb, I know. I can't help it. I write about it on here instead of acting out on there or doing something I'm sure I'd regret later.

Sitting here I am thinking about my shortcomings as a friend but that should probably wait until another post. Right now I'm just trying remember that if I'm an "option," this shouldn't even be an issue. I'm still working on it.

1 comment:

StephB said...

Don't know your situation, but I found out that the person who "unfriended" me on FB didn't do it on purpose and was just as perplexed as I was, so maybe the exclusion was unintentional?