Thursday, June 4, 2009

Athetic clothes

You know the old saying, "The clothes make the man"? Well, I think it's true. Except in our case, the clothes make the athlete. I know it's probably a little silly and has everything to do with being a girl but it definitely plays a part for me.

When I wear my Vanderkitten kit, I feel fast. I feel like I can conquer every hill and keep up with the guys.

When I wear my snazzy lap suit, cap and goggles, I feel like a swimmer. I feel like I belong there and I know what I'm doing.

When I wear my running shorts and running bra, I feel like a runner. I feel like I can run like the wind. (or a slow breeze)

When I wear my tri clothes, I feel like a triathlete. I feel like I can swim, bike and run in one day, on purpose.

Again, I know this is a little silly. I can't help it. I also have to match or at least be coordinated. For example, I can not wear black shorts and a navy top. Nope. Can't do it. My husband teases me about it. I tease him back because I think sometimes he chooses NOT to match just to bug me. His philosophy is that it's going to get sweaty and yucky... so why bother? While I agree the clothes are going to get sweaty, might as well look "put together" while doing it. :) The clothes don't have to be fancy-shmancy stuff either. That is one thing I don't care about. If the Target C9 stuff does the job, why should I spend $40 on an Under Armour top? (except bike shorts, I won't skimp on those!)

No comments: