I have been a terrible blogger lately. It's been a busy summer so far. The girls have been at my in-laws all week so it's been a little weird 'round here. We were able to visit a friend in Tennessee for a couple of days to ride and get in to trouble. ;)
I'm racing again tomorrow. This will be my 4th (and maybe last) race this season, the Iron Girl race at Lake Lanier. I'm not really nervous, a little bit but nothing major. I know I can do it, I've ridden the bike course, I can run a 5 k - nothing left now but execution at the race.
My husband and I had a discussion about the girls being at the race. The first time we talked about it I told him I wanted them there and I thought we could do it - just move them from their beds and put them in the car. We'd bring food for them and if they got bored they could watch a movie in the van. I told him I'd like them there because they've never seen me race. He said (on Wednesday) it would be tough for them, they'd be cranky, they wouldn't stay asleep.... Okay, fine. I told him I was disappointed but I'd get over it and if that's what he thought then okay. (he'd be the one dealing with them anyway)
I accepted the fact that I would be going to the race solo and started working out a race morning plan in my head. Well, last night we started talking about it again and this time he agrees to bring them. Wait... what? He said if it was important to me then they would come with us. I told him that while it was important I also understood what he was saying and it was fine if they stayed home. He said something about it being important to me and they'd be there. I'm glad he's changed his mind because I do want them there but also understand it's not a very exciting environment for 3 and 7 year olds. But then again... it could be, we don't know.
A large part of it is for selfish reasons: this is what I do, part of who I am and how I spend my free time... I want my daughters there to not only support me but to see that I'm not just their mom but a triathlete as well. (when I pretend to be, haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment