Well, according to Friel, sometimes it is about the bike but not in this book. On my trip, I started reading Lance Armstrong's first book. I haven't quite finished it yet but I like it so far. It gives me a new perspective and insight in to what he went through with his cancer. Of course it's a biased view but I'm okay with that. It strikes me as a real, first-person, account of the life of a world class athlete and then the cancer treatments. He has a serious, matter-of-fact, Texan way of doing things and I can see how that strikes a nerve with so many people. You either like him or you hate him; there's not many who are in-between.If you haven't read it.... it goes through how he was raised by his (mostly) single mom in Texas and his rise in the ranks of cycling. Then it goes through the cancer diagnosis, the search for a treatment, all the crap that goes along with treating an advanced case of testicular cancer, the issues that arise from being a cancer survivor and then how he makes his cycling comeback. (the first time)
It's an easy, interesting read that most people, even those that aren't big cycling fans, would enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment