Tuesday, November 3, 2009

5 songs

I decided for fun I'd try this experiment from the blog 5 songs in a row. You're supposed to put your ipod on shuffle and listen to the first 5 songs that play and write something witty about each one. Okay, let's go....

1. "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell - This is one of my all time favorite 80's songs. I'm not sure I knew the song when it was the 80's but it is one of my favs from that era. It is one of the best songs to see a cover band play. I don't know what it is, "and you think love is to pray, but I'm sorry I don't pray that way. Once I ran to you, now I run from you. This tainted love I give you...." I love the beat and the regular version, not the extended version.

2. "Video killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles - this song was the first video played on MTV on August 1, 1981, another classic 80's tune. I really like this song too but I have to be in an 80's mood to listen to the whole song.



3. "45" by Shinedown - I didn't even remember I had this band on my ipod. I have 6 Gb of music on there, it's impossible to remember every single one. I have to admit, it's not very good. It's kind of like Nickleback and I don't like Nickleback. I'm gonna have to skip this one.


4. "Exodus" by Bob Marley and the Wailers - this whole album reminds me of college. My husband's fraternity had a spring party every year that lasted all week and Bob Marley was often a theme. It reminds me of Auburn and of hanging out at the Delta Chi house. We'd sit on the back porch, outside my husband's room, drinking and smoking cigarettes until it was time to go out.

5. "About a Girl" by Nirvana - I like this song too but have to be in a Nirvana kind of mood. I'll listen to it if I'm in the brooding, Seattle kind of mood. ;) This is a random selection of songs today. I wonder if it would have been different had I not pushed the skip button? Sometimes I think the ipod just knows what I want to hear and runs the Genius feature even when I haven't started it. (except not this time!)

No comments: