I have a ridiculous amount of little girls clothes at my house and I am overwhelmed by the amount. I have clothes that don't fit, fit now, will fit soon when the weather changes and clothes that will fit when the girls grow.
I'm at a loss as to what to do with them all. They are scattered around the house and attic in various boxes and containers. I need to sort them all but I get overwhelmed. I can't focus when everything is totally out of sorts. I need to get my shit together and figure out some sort of system for it all. My husband says we should just get rid of it. I've already weeded out a bunch of stuff but I still have tons more.
I probably need about 10 boxes so I could go through and sort it all by sizes and seasons. Yeah, that's how I could do it. I'd just take over the living room and have a big sorting party! I'm sure my husband would be happy about that. Well, actually he might be if it meant a bunch of the clothes would go away. They've started to take over part of our room as well and it bothers him and it's starting to bother me as well.
It has been an ongoing problem but it's one I can't seem to get a head of now. We received a ton of clothes from my husband's cousin who has a little girl and a very extensive wardrobe. Since we started getting clothes from her, I haven't been able to stay on top of it. I used to be very organized about it when my oldest was younger; as soon as the season would change I'd sort through what she had outgrown. Now I'm terrible. I have piles of clothes waiting to be boxed up and I never seem to get to it.
Anyone know someone who needs used baby and toddler girl clothes???
1 comment:
We have the same aged kids or I'd take you up on the clothes. I have three suggestions: (1) wait until a friend, acquaintance or relative has a girl baby and then send all of the clothes to her, making them her problem, (2) sort them out into size-season groups and sell them as a "lot" on ebay or (3) take the whole sheband to the Goodwill and get a big write-off. Doug and I bought a lot of Annika's clothes (now Dagny's) this way. It was pretty fun for them (like a big clothes present)and will net you more cash than the other options.
Post a Comment