
My mom and my sister came over and went to the party with us. My sister was a cowgirl. Oh yeah, and my husband and I dressed as tacky tourists. I was so excited about my costume when I found the pieces at Goodwill last week. I tried to find the ugliest, "tropical" shirt I could find. I didn't match at all. I also wore bright green pants, black socks and pick shoes. I made me laugh. ;) I tried to get my husband to pick items so they didn't match but he wouldn't do it. He's such a party pooper. He said just because he's a tacky tourist doesn't mean he has to NOT match. I disagreed but he did wear black socks with sandals.
I realized last night that Halloween has definitely gotten easier now that the girls are older. In the past, we've put the little one to bed but still had trick or treaters come to the door after she went to bed. Now she is out with her sister until it's time to come home. They were so funny when they came home. They had stories about who they saw and what they did and dumped all their candy out on the floor and promptly began to trade. My sister and I did the same thing (I'm sure all kids do) but she says she distictly remembers one Halloween when I got her to trade good candy for some yucky candy. I don't remember but I'm sure I did. I was kind of a mean big sister. She says I convinced her to trade something good (like a Snickers or Butterfinger) for one of those orange-wrapped peanut butter candies (in the wax wrapper) that nobody but my husband likes. I can't believe anyone still gives those out! Ick.
1 comment:
Those peanut butter candies in the orange and black waxed paper wrappers are my absolute favorite. : )
Post a Comment