These are the framed records
we hung on the wall. I LUV them. I was so happy with how they match the room and they are some of our favorites as well. I'll give a gold star to the one who can name all 4 with artist and album. Two are fairly easy, one is so-so and the last one might be a challenge.*UPDATE: Steph got one. (U2, The Joshua Tree)

This a print in the bathroom. I love it too. We had a smaller one but were able to find a bigger one and frame it. It is Vincent van Gogh's "The Café Terrace on the Place du Forum." I fell in love with the painting when I saw the original at the High Museum when his collection was here. The color of the bathroom matches some of the light blue of the far building and the stars. I chose yellow and dark blue as the accent colors.
For right now, the funk is gone and I hope it stays away. It's no fun when it settles in. I hate feeling like that and I'm hoping the product of our hard work will continue to keep my mind at ease and organized. I know that might sound weird but if things stay out of order for a long time I get the "I'm lost" feeling. Sometimes it causes me to act while other times I'm stuck to my chair, so to speak.
The house being clean and organized definitely helps. I'm not a super neat person by nature but I can see now how having that type of home helps everyone feel centered or grounded. My husband gets stressed out when he comes home to a messy house and I think I understand his point of view now. I think the girls are getting aboard the clean train as well. Well, maybe not so much the 4 year old but our 7 year old is getting there. It was easy when my husband was home everyday on vacation. I hope to be able to continue the momentum we started and maintain how it looks now.
1 comment:
U2 Joshua Tree is one, and I think the one with Stalin on it is a Smiths cover but other than that I've got nothing.
Glad you are out of the funk.
Post a Comment