I hit my 5 year anniversary of being smoke free on Saturday. But it came without any fanfare. ;) I considered posting something on Facebook or starting a thread on BT but decided not to. It just didn't feel right. I am very proud of quitting, cold turkey, and happy with what I've done with my healthy lungs.
I quit smoking, for good, on January 2, 2005. I had recently found out I was pregnant with my younger daughter and knew it was time to quit, permanently this time. I'd quit when I was pregnant the first time but restarted a couple months after she was born. I'm not sure why I restarted but at the time my husband was still smoking, along with most of our friends so I guess I was tired of being left alone inside.
I haven't had the urge to smoke in a really long time so I'm 99.999999% sure I'll never restart. Hitting the 5 year mark is a big deal and I'll be happy when I hit the 10, 15, and 20 year marks as well.
1 comment:
Doug is a quitter too. I don't know how many times he has quit or how long he's been smoke free, but however long it has been is good. : ) Way to go, CC.
Post a Comment