Friday, January 8, 2010

Auburn trip

In two weeks I am heading to the Loveliest Village on the Plains. That's right, I am making a trip to Auburn. I am SO looking forward to it. I'm even planning to make a weekend trip out of it. The reason for the trip is a sorority reunion. It's to celebrate my sorority being on Auburn's campus for 30 years.

I think those that know me would have never pegged me as a sorority girl; I often think it's a bit humorous as well. But I was a dutiful sister and did rush, chapter meetings every Wednesday, philanthropy activities and socials. Well, until I got kicked out at the end of fall quarter of my senior year because I owed too much money. I paid my dues myself and fell behind. Anyway, it was a HUGE part of my 4 years of college and don't regret my decision to pledge.

I bring this up because I've started really thinking and planning for the weekend. The initial planning started in late October or early November so we could all make hotel reservations but now it's kicked in to high gear. My pledge class is planning a reunion on Friday night and then going out after. Some of the women think they're going to party like Rock Stars ... which really makes me kind of chuckle because we're too old for those shenanigans. I am such a light weight, 2 or 3 glasses of wine and I'm ready for a nap. [mental note: stick to beer!] I can't party like that anymore and I don't want to - I hate being hungover.

Of course, I also plan to bring my bike. I don't go anywhere overnight without it. No, I'm serious. You never know when the opportunity to ride may come up. There is a guy on BT who lives in Auburn and I asked him if there were any group rides on Saturdays or Sundays and he said there is one every Saturday if the weather is nice. Dude! I'm all over that. But here's the thing, I do want to hang out with my friends on Friday night but I also want to ride on Saturday. It's a problem because I can't do both. Well, I can't do both very well, anyway.

No comments: