I wouldn't normally blog about this particular subject but it's stressing me out and I am racking my brain to try to help. I have applied for six jobs. Yes, SIX positions. This is big for me because when I've looked in the past I think I only half-ass applied at two places, Target and Publix. I never really looked with any seriousness but this time I am. I have searched every possible job posting website I can find and threw it out there that I was looking on Facebook.
Our financial situation is just not getting better. My husband and I are both stressed about it which is taking its toll. We think we have plan of action but it's not a quick fix. We have to get something worked out now. Without divulging too much information, let's just say that if we don't figure something out very soon (and get that car sold!) then there's some stuff that won't get paid because we have to eat.
I'll have to keep working on our options. I did go for a job interview last week but then found out they hired someone else. I was disappointed because I really thought I was a great fit for that job. Yeah, really. I honestly felt like it was the "perfect" job for me. Not just the "perfect job right now" job. There have been positions I've applied for in the past that were kind of like, "well, this job isn't too terrible and if I get it then at least I'll get paid." This job seemed like a good fit on both ends and it didn't pan out.
I guess it means the job for me is still out there. I'll have to search harder and consider some positions I skipped over the first time.
1 comment:
Here are some ideas:
1. Craigs list. Not for the scammy "work at home" jobs, but they have other jobs too. I found some good stuff for Doug on there.
2. The census is hiring and I think you get to choose your own hours.
3. Helping out at a tax-preparer's office. Short-time but maybe will help you over the hump.
Good luck. I'm sorry it's hard right now.
Post a Comment