Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Racing and running
I have lost my running mojo and I can't find it. But really, I wonder if I really want to find it? The answer to that is debatable. In theory I do but not enough that I want to go searching, either. Hmmm, that's a problem. Triathlon is my sport and running is a necessary part. My husband and I were talking about something in regards to racing last night and I said something about doing well in the swim, kicking ass on the bike and taking a nosedive on the run. Aerobically, it's there; my brain and legs are not quite with the program. I know I can do it, I know I can. It's just a matter of making my head believe it. In a race situation, I am gonna have to fight hard not to walk. It's my fall-back strategy. Outside of major pain or GI issues - I AM NOT GOING TO WALK. I was able to mostly run at my first race last year with practically no run training. If I could do it then, I can do it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment