Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weather

We've had some crazy weather lately. Rain. Sun. Warm. Cold. I'm so ready for it to be warm and sunny on a regular basis! I could never live up north, especially for an extended winter. I need the sun. I don't mind if it's sunny and cold but this gray-drizzly-cold shit is for the birds.

Last night we had a thunderstorm roll through, lucky us; complete with hail and everything! Our big dumb scaredy-cat dog is terrified of thunder and lightening. Our dog drives me crazy but sometimes it's hard to resist this face.

The storm woke my daughter up first, then the dog followed me in her room and wouldn't leave. Then she followed me in to my room and paced around looking for a place to hide. I thought she'd left but then I found her cowering in the very corner of our closet. I tried to get her out but she did the "lay down, I'm not moving" thing that dogs do. Grrrrrr. The hail started and woke up my husband. I'm in the closet at 2 o'clock in the morning trying to get the dog out and my husband says just to leave her alone. Fine, she can stay. (she doesn't come in our room normally) Except, she won't lay down. She's pacing the room again and her tags are making a "ching-ching" noise on her collar. Finally she goes back out in to the hallway. Hooray, now I can get back to bed. Oh, no, not quite yet. Then she noses my daughter's door open. Dammit. I get up and promptly shoo her out of the room so my 3 year old can go back to sleep. The storm finally calmed down so she could sleep in the hallway.

The good news is we got good sleep after that; the bad news is that we have another huge wave of storms moving through, overnight, again tonight. Perfect. My older daughter asked me over breakfast if I heard the noise like it was raining gumballs. Yes, yes I did. Glad she wasn't scared too.

No comments: