Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleep

I'm tired this morning. Last night, when I went to bed, I was pretty much asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. A clear sign I'm not getting enough sleep. The "experts" say that if you're sufficiently rested, it should take about 10 minutes to fall asleep. That is so not the case with me. I will often wait to go to bed until I'm sleepy and really, I'm doing my body a disservice. I'm sleep deprived but don't really feel like it. It should be easier to get up at my normal time but instead it's a challenge and all I want to do once I get up is go back in bed. We'll joke that sleep is overrated and we can sleep when we're dead but it is essential in recovery. Sleep is when many hormones are released to repair tissues in the body. I'll simply add "more sleep" to the list things I need to do better on a daily basis. ;0)

No comments: