large enough to hold 3 blow-up beds. (2 twins and 1 queen) Yeah, it's that big. We also have water and electricity at our site if we need it. I don't think we'll need the power but the water is essential. We've stayed there before so we know what to expect. There is no way we'd take the girls camping at a campground (an actual campground, not just camping in the woods) site-unseen. There are too many variables. We've made that mistake before, twice. Now that they're older, I don't think it would be such a problem but our 3 year old is not quite as flexible as our 7 year old, yet. Most of that has to do with her age and I understand so I try to plan accordingly.My husband and I have been there before, for a race, but didn't spend a lot
of time exploring the island. I know there is a bunch of stuff we haven't seen, like Driftwood Beach. A section of beach with huge trees of driftwood that supposedly (from what some websites said) washed ashore during hurricane Hugo. I think the girls will really like this area. Heck, I think it's pretty darn cool. ;0) The weather should be great. This time of year it's pretty mild. The days should be warm and the nights cool - perfect temps for exploring the island and sleeping in a tent.And of course we're taking bikes. We don't go anywhere without bikes. The island has miles and miles of bike paths. The little one will ride in a trailer and the big one will be riding her new bike. The island is pancake flat so she shouldn't have a problem. We're taking our grocery-getter bike and another one but we're not sure which one. I originally thought about taking our road bikes, the 'do-all' bikes and my daughters bike but it's just not practical to take FIVE bikes with us.
We're driving down on Monday and drive home on Friday. I will update when we get home. I am racing on Saturday so I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about that as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment