Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cheap stuff

We got a Sunday paper this week. I don't get why it's a Hit-or-Miss kind of thing but whatever. This week's "Cheap Stuff" isn't as good as previous weeks but people still need to sell the same kind of crap that is in there every week. Here ya go:

CHAIR, ARMLESS side, dark green, velvet, excellent condition, $45

I can totally see this chair in my mind and it is F-U-G-L-Y. You know... the kind of chair you might buy if you were totally trying to make a sitting room (or Parlor) more "Victorian" or something.

COMMODE $25

Who calls a toilet a commode?? Well, who does besides my 83 year old grandma?

GAZELLE by Tony Little, like new condition. $40

I have a suspicion that this has been listed before. Tony Little has made a fortune on those infomercials - all the while looking like a tool with his dyed mullet and fake tanned biceps.

LAMPS (2) wall climbing green and cream color. $25 each.

All I heard in my head when I read this was the theme music from "Three's Company." This kind of lamp is so 1978.

MATTRESS SET Serta queen mattress set, quilted on both sides. Used very little. $200 cash

This one isn't particularly weird but the wording made me chuckle. The "Used very little" phrase strikes me as funny. Did they sleep on the floor? Was there someone very small that slept on it? Was there very little bedroom shenanigans? Really, the fill in the blank options are endless. ;)

TYPEWRITER IBm Correcting Selectric III, tan color, works great. $25

Twenty five dollars?? Are they serious? For a typewriter? I don't know anyone who has used a typewriter in the last 15 years.

No comments: