Friday, March 20, 2009

Migraine

I am getting a migraine, the second one this week. Stooopid hormones. Migraine with aura is my favorite. I guess I'm lucky that my migraines are not usually debilitating but they are annoying and a P.I.T.A. to deal with, regardless. The worst part is when the aura hits while I'm driving. I usually have the zig-zagging lines diagonally across my field of vision. Today is different, I first noticed it when I started having nausea like I normally do when the lines give me vertigo but today I don't have any major visual disturbances, just a small blind spot. I have slight tingling in my hands, switching back and forth. I just looked it up and apparently that's a normal side effect of the aura but I guess I've never noticed it before because I'm usually trying to deal with the squiggly lines. I woke up feeling like my ear was clogged and I think that should have been the first clue because I haven't been sick so there's no reason my ear would be clogged - and I haven't swam in 3 days so I don't think I have an outer ear infection. I think I need to take some OTC medicine and hope it fades quickly. I think it might be sinuses and my allergies. Really, the clogged ear thing is a big clue - duh.

No comments: