Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Juno

We watched Juno last night for the first time. I'm not sure why it took us this long to see it. I liked it and could watch it again. (Most of this entry assumes that everyone has seen it) The main character, Juno, is smart and sarcastic - my kind of girl. ;) I remember when it first came out, my mother in law told us that she knew some people who had seen it and they thought it was terrible. Oh, come on! It wasn't terrible and even to the super conservative, over 60 crowd it couldn't seem that terrible. The 16-year old Juno had a lapse in judgement, got pregnant and chose to give her baby up for adoption instead of abortion. BFD. Maybe I have a different mindset. (well, those that know me know already know this, haha) I don't see a problem. Honestly. I can see how someone might NOT like it because it wasn't their sense of humor but I distinctly remember her telling me how her friends thought the movie was making light of teen pregnancy. Maybe those people want to pretend that teenage pregnancy doesn't happen? Or that couples can grow apart and divorce? I don't know. Next time I see her I'll have to ask her.

The soundtrack is good too. I think I've heard most of the songs from the movie on the Indie Rock station I listen to on Sirius. This song is one of my favorites. The only decent video I could find was when the band was on "The View." I just like it because it's so simple with a catchy tune to boot.


1 comment:

StephB said...

I watched Juno this week too! : )