We finally got a Sunday paper again. Since it's free, although I have no idea why, I'm not gonna call and complain. The conversation would probably go something like this:
Me: "Um, yes, I am not getting my Sunday paper anymore."
Her: "Oh, I'm sorry, where do you live?"
Me: "I live in BFE and I've been getting it for almost 2 years."
Her: "Oh, you live there. Are you paying for the paper?"
Me: "Uh, um, thank you very much." [hangs up the phone]
So, here is this week's crop of gems:
BLINDS, CUSTOM made valences, white, perfect condition, 70"x 60"/31 1/4 x 60", $40 or obo.
Maybe it's just me, but aren't custom blinds made for a specific window?? And obviously this person doesn't realize OBO stands for Or Best Offer - no need to put "or obo."
CANISTER SET 3 Piece Hunter Green Canister Set $20
I can only assume these are used. I'm pretty sure you can buy a brand new set at Wal-Mart for about $20.
CHRISTMAS TREE 12 Ft., excellent condition, used twice. $50
Just what I've been looking for in the middle of March - a Christmas Tree!?!
DIAPER GENIE White, includes initial bag supply. $10
Oh, ick. I can only assume this might be used too. Have you ever smelled the toxic waste smell that comes out of this thing? Blech. I can hope that they're selling because maybe they got two at a baby shower.
EXERCISE EQUIPMENT Gazell, burn off extra lbs. In great condition and you will be too. $35
Like the other Gazelles that have been listed... I'm pretty sure the people that bought these had no idea how stupid they'd feel prancing like Tony Little.
PORTABLE TOILET by Ivacare, product ID #9630-4, holds up to 300 pounds. $60
There's just no end to the nasty stuff people will sell in this cheap stuff section. And what's with the 300 pounds mention? Is that the weight of the person it can hold or is that the amount of crap it can hold?? Ick, ick, ick.
SIGN 1996 Atlanta Olypic (not my typo) -Budweiser metal sign 21"x31" mint condition. $30
Nothing gross or majorly wrong with this one. I just wanted to mention that if we had a basement with a pool table like my husband had growing up, we'd be all over this one.
Ah, I feel better now. I was missing some cheap stuff. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment