I often wonder if the grass is, in fact, greener on the other side? I'd like to find out but hesitate every time. I'm comfortable but stare longingly at the other side wondering what it's like over there. It's too bad there isn't a way to test it out without making a huge, life-changing decision.
In this occasion I'm talking about moving. My husband is unhappy at his current job and would love to find a new job and if that meant moving then I think we could handle it. We have a short list of possible locations but the job market sucks right now so he's stuck being less than happy but satisfied that he's still employed. There is definitely fine line between being grateful and totally miserable.
I am undecided about how I'd feel about moving. It would be major because it would probably be out of state; still in the south, but out of Georgia. I'm torn, I've lived almost my whole life in Georgia. It'll probably never happen, the job market in the Southeast is definitely centered around Atlanta.
The short list includes: Knoxville, Birmingham, Jacksonville, Raleigh, and Ashville. Knoxville is definitely at the top of the list and it's only about 3 hours from where our parents live.
Why did I bring this up now? I don't know.... after a certain amount of time somewhere I get antsy. We've lived here for 8 years and while it's hard to imagine living anywhere else, I also can't see myself living here until my girls get out of school, either. I guess I've had a restless mind lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment