I miss my bikes. Well, technically, I miss riding my bikes but you know what I mean. Every time I pull in the garage I see my pretty road bike and want to ride. It's like a feeling in my bones that I want to ride but can't. I could ride the trainer but that's not what I want; I want the road (or trail), and sun and the breeze. I don't want this cold, rainy shit we've had lately.
And working is a mixed blessing. I love working at the shop, I really, really do, but it's messing with my riding. Those 9 hours that my 4 year old is at school are pretty much the only hours I have totally free all week.
I need to ride to clear my head and get rid of the cobwebs that have taken residence.
I need to ride to keep my fitness from disappearing.
I need to figure out something.
We're really slow at the shop right now so maybe I'll just work one day during the week and one day on the weekend. I don't know what I'm going to do because the extra money is definitely appreciated. Last year at this time, I was still using daycare for the little one because I was working more and could ride before work. I miss those days. I guess I've just been a little (okay, maybe more than a little) crabby lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment