Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Updates

I had a whole post planned out in my head with a story about how I was snubbed at the grocery store yesterday by a mom I recognized from my daughter's former Daisy troop... and about how I didn't really care and was surprised because I used to.... so, instead you got the short version.

As far as training, I haven't made any decisions or plans, yet. I go back and forth. I want to keep focusing on triathlon because this was my most successful season yet and I'd like to build on that but I also want to do bike races and that requires more time on the bike. (while sacrificing the other 2 sports) I have definitely reconsidered going long next year and in 2011. I just don't think my heart is in the training enough to commit to any race longer than Olympic distance. I'm not even sure about Oly training, either. I know, I'm wishy-washy.

I do know I need to get off my ass and do some real training - the rest period is over. I was able to ride twice in 3 days over the weekend! Hooray! Riding makes me happy. Although, I'm unhappy about the big dip in speed on the bike - it's almost embarrassing. I chose to go the shorter shop ride on Saturday for 2 reasons: I had to get back to the shop so I could work and I knew I couldn't hang with the front group and I didn't want them to know. Awful, huh? I know. That Humble Pie doesn't taste so good. ;) I know it'll come back, I just don't want them to know it's disappeared. It's a competitive streak I try to ignore but can't.

Anyway.... enough about that business. I could go on and on about my training and my thought process in trying to make a decision but I don't think anyone really cares that much.

On a totally different topic, I am currently in search of a cheap Halloween costume. I wasn't going to dress up but we got invited to a party in the neighborhood and I feel obligated to dress up. I like dressing up, I just don't like having to come up with an idea. I have a couple of possibilities that I'm trying to figure out wardrobe. Originally, I was going to dress as Pat Benetar (think mid-80's "Love is a Battlefield") but don't know what to wear. I even tried to spike my hair before I got in the shower this morning... it was quite humorous. I had more gel in my hair then I think I ever have and it still wouldn't stay up. I think I need more gel and some hairspray. Other options include a scarecrow, a nerd, a punk, Miss America (not sure I have the hair for this one) or wear my old stand-by of an 80's chick. (I've worn that one 2 or 3 times)

I went by Goodwill this morning hoping to be inspired but didn't find anything. On the way to the store I had an idea: Pee-Wee Herman! Great, that'll be easy! Nope. Didn't find a grey suit light enough, in my size, that would work. I have another thrift store in town that I need to check but this option is probably at the bottom of the list. (although it's probably my best idea!) I'll try to update when I make a decision. At least my kids have their costumes. My oldest is a pirate and my younger daughter is going to be Ariel, with the wig and all. Wish me luck!

No comments: