Friday, October 9, 2009

My blog

Didja notice that I've added pictures of myself? And there weren't any before? I decided it's stupid to pretend that those that stumble across this blog don't already know who I am. If anyone saw my posts on Facebook or beginnertriathlete.com, they could probably figure it out. It's no secret that I am the "cycling chick" among the triathletes I know.

Part of the reason for my "anonymity" was because of the depression I found myself in a couple of times. This blog has helped air some problems I've had but many that read it do know me and have met me in person. I was embarrassed by it but at the same time needed to get it out there. I'm still not gonna go around announcing it but I'll include a pic or two to make a post more interesting.

As of right now, I am not gonna be ashamed of the depression. It is part of who I am and what makes me, me. While it's not a part of me I'm crazy about, I wouldn't be the same person without it. I actually feel it helps me appreciate the good times that much better because my memory is good enough to remember the "bad" times. And I try to learn from life - if I get laid off again then my ego might take another blow but will try NOT to let it affect other aspects of my life. I am in a stable state of mind and that makes life so much easier. It's always a journey of ups and downs but the peaks and valleys are smaller - no Grand Canyon or Mount Everest to traverse. (was that cliche? whatever, it still works ;) )

While my posts might not be profound, I'm going to try to get back in the habit of doing it on a regular basis again. It helps clear my mind. The worst part is I always seem to come up with good topics while I'm driving - definitely NOT conducive to blogging. Okay, I'll stop rambling. :)

1 comment:

StephB said...

Everyone has something that challenges them, whether it is depression or something more outwardly noticable. You'd be weird if you DIDN'T have something like that. Anyone who pretends their life is all sunshine and roses is full of crap. The ways that you (or any another blogger) deal with your challenge(s) are what make your blog an interesting place to visit.