Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Birthday

Today is my 34th birthday. And yes, I really am that young... or, um, old... whichever way you want to look at it. ;)

It's a funny thing this getting older as an adult. I don't "feel" like I'm 34. Just like I didn't magically feel different when I turned the big 3-0, either. When I was a kid there was always an aura of a birthday and there was often something in my mind that made me feel older. Especially when I got in to the double-digits. Oh yeah, 10 was a big deal; I got my ears pierced and my first baseball glove on the same birthday.

Now, birthdays just aren't that big of a deal. It's just another day. Okay, it's a little different in that I get to pick where we go for dinner (we're going to Mexican, thankyouverymuch) but other than that it's not a big deal.

And, as if you needed further proof that cyclists are a strange crowd.... I was actually looking forward to taking on the challenge of 3 Gaps in the North Georgia mountains on Sunday as a celebratory ride. But it's Octoberfest and Gold Rush Days in the mountains so we changed our minds and chose not to fight the crowds and traffic. It'll be just another weekend around here.

No comments: