Really, there are some weird folks at the gym..... or maybe it's just that the quirks that we all have when primping are obvious because of the locker room atmosphere. I think that must be it. I also think there's quite a culture difference that is very obvious at my gym. We refer to it as the "Asian Invasion." And there's nothing derogatory intended, there are a lot of Asian people at our gym as a reflection of the local population. The thing that strikes me almost every time I'm there is how the asian women seem to have absolutely no modesty. I mean really, does the 70 year old asian woman really have to walk around the locker room nekkid? Seriously. And they get in the steam room together and gab away in some language that I can't make any sense of - for all I know, they're talking about me and my mom hair.
The other thing about the gym is the influx of prima-donnas. Great, you came for a workout (with full make-up) and you get on the little eliptical-thingy and talk on your cell phone for a little bit and then play around with your ipod. You may do a little more, "towel off" (which is funny because there's no way you really broke a sweat) and then procede to go to the locker room and lay all your shit out all over the floor and bench by your locker and get ready, in full make-up again, naturally. Heaven forbid I have the locker near you. Oh, no, don't mind me, I'll squeeze in and get my bag out and go to another section because (of course!) the prima-donna cannot have her space infringed upon.
They make me crazy, can you tell? It's a good thing I pretty much stick to the daytime hours so I only have to deal with the naked invasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment