On Monday we went to see Bodies: The Exhibition. If you haven't heard about it, check it out on this website. It's amazing. Seriously, to see the human body in action poses and how they all work together is so cool - especially as an athlete.
Walking through the exhibit, it's divided in to sections by body systems: circulatory, nervous, skeletal, muscular, digestive, reproductive. (I know there are more but I can't remember them all, biology was never a strong subject) The last one was the only tough one. I was totally unprepared for my emotional reaction to the section with unborn babies. I knew there were some in there... but when I got to that section, I skipped it. I totally veered the other direction. The exhibitors know it's a delicate subject so it's in a separate section that isn't part of the normal flow. It's off to the side with a word of caution about the subject matter. I don't know where it came from but there was definitely an emotional response I wasn't expecting.
No comments:
Post a Comment