Lovely weather we're having this morning. I woke up to steady rain, hoo-ray. Today is my scheduled off day but I hoped to ride later anyway. I was able to get out for a little ride yesterday after my husband got home from his metric century at the Sandy Springs Challenge. I was happy to get out after being home with the girls all day.
It occurred to me yesterday, while riding, that on most days I am happiest on my bike and triathlon is just cross-training. (this is important because I thought I wanted to focus more on triathlons) While so many of my Tri friends are training for the 70.3 distance, I am sticking to sprints. Over the summer our focus will be on the bike. Our July and August will be spent training and preparing for the MS 150 ride in September. I might do another sprint in August but I may include that just to keep things interesting. I have 2 or 3 more races and my longest run will be a 5k and I can do that without much extra training. I won't be rocking out the run and I'm going to work on adjusting to that thought - my focus is the bike, my focus is the bike, my focus is the bike....
My bikes make me smile. It helps that I am getting faster and stronger at the same time and hung with the front group on the ride on Saturday. It's a fairly hilly route and I averaged just under 18mph over the 31 miles. Right now I have the feeling that I would ride almost every day if I could. Training always has it's ups and downs and right now I'm definitely on an up.

I hope to be sporting this sweet new jersey by the end of the week. I told my husband I wanted one of these for Mother's Day. It says, "Vanderkitten - Clothing for Women Who Kick Ass." Indeed. I guess I'll have to keep kicking ass so I can continue to wear it. ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment