Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May race

I am now officially registered for another race, a sprint on May 16th. It's in Middle of Nowhere, GA. Just kidding, that's not the official town name but when I said it to a couple people on Saturday they looked at me like I was serious. Obviously, those people don't know me well. Well, to be fair, one of the women is Irish and doesn't know many town names. I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility that there might be a town called that somewhere in Georgia. I wish I had a map nearby so I could list some of the crazy town names but I don't. Bummer.

My sister and I are going down to do this race together. I'm going as support and decided to race since my mom offered to pay for it - thanks, Mom! We're driving down on Friday afternoon and staying in a hotel in the town near the race site. It should be fun, my sister and I don't get to do stuff together (without the fam) very often. My job, as the big sister, is to give her support and make her laugh. She gets my sarcastic sense of humor and subtle movie quotes. She'll randomly quote movies too and it drives my mom crazy that I get them and she doesn't... which of course makes us do it more. ;) It should be fun, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: