Monday, May 11, 2009

Breakfast with Mom

I had "Muffins with Mom" this morning at my daughter's school (they even had the muffins title on the sign- no joke) and it seemed there was either a bigger response than they expected or poor planning from the get-go.

The school administrator's thinking must have gone something like this: "Let's plan a breakfast in the cafeteria, right before school, with... oh, I don't know... 200+ kids and parents... and instead of actual muffins... let's have sausage and biscuits and let's do it so when the parents are leaving, they have to fight traffic from the other two schools that are in the very close vicinity and everyone has to go down one road because the other end of the road is closed due to construction?! Oh yeah, that sounds like an excellent plan!"

I'm glad I went because it meant a lot to my daughter but I definitely think there could have been better planning.

No comments: