Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Family and friends

Like most people, I have forced Family Fun on Thanksgiving. I know if we didn't live close to our family then I'd really want to see them and visit. As it is right now, we see them at least once a month. I guess I'm just not in the Thanksgiving mood today. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful we have extended family to share holidays. I'm just not in the "put on a happy face and pretend everything is hunky-dory" mode right now. At least I'll have my husband and my sister to talk to.

I am thankful for friends. They help make me who I am. I don't have many friends but I'm thankful for those I have, especially the people who take the time to read what I type, here and elsewhere. They almost definitely know me better then the people I actually see in person. It is definitely easier for me to type what I'm thinking. When I type, I'm not trying to be someone I'm not. So, thank you for allowing me to be Me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've had the same thought about Thanksgiving, it would probably be a bigger deal to have family there if we didn't live within 30 minutes of everyone too. This year was actually pretty fun, but I love to cook and that's what I got to do for most of the day. Plus we got to control what food was brought and how the day flowed. I hope your day turned out better than you expected, but if not, at least today is Friday! :)