Friday, November 21, 2008

Mom hair

My husband and I have an ongoing debate. I say I have "mom hair," he says I do not. While neither of us can really define what constitutes mom hair, I think I have it, he doesn't. Last night we were talking about it again and he Googled it. Much to my surprise, there were many hits, articles and pictures all discussing the current "mom hair" fashions. I had no idea there was such a pop culture phenomenon. I just figured that since I'd cut my hair into a more grown up kind of style that it was automatically mom hair. Apparently, I was wrong. I mean, I am a mom. He says it's "sophisticated." Really, the whole discussion is just silly; out here in Redneckville, the normal mom hair consists of a $10 (ok, maybe $20) perm with bangs that are hair-sprayed up and curled ... you know what I'm talking about, the hairstyle most women had in 1986. I'm not kidding. Take a trip to the local Wal-Mart and that hairstyle is not in short supply. You know, if it works for them then great, just not for me. Maybe I'll just have to start surveying people........

No comments: