I feel very luck to know The Cranky Princess. Here she writes as if she's talking directly to me.
"The realization that we are good at something is important, so too, is positive and specific feedback along the way from people for whom we have respect. I feel blessed that my gift touches hearts and has the ability to pull forth emotion, even from people who aren't so very emotional. I'm glad to have a creative outlet, for my reality is that someday, my body might decide it's had enough, but, hopefully, my mind will remain in tact and my words will continue to flow."
I am still in search of what I am good at. There are many things I'm okay at, but none that I feel I can say with certainty that I'm good at. As with most people, I am probably my harshest critic. That is the voice that often says, "you're not good enough, so why try?" It's a voice I often have to work very hard to silence. Sometimes it gets the best of me, and other times it's one I can put on mute temporarily. It's a daily struggle; one that I will have to continue to fight because that voice will never quit.
1 comment:
You are good at many things, including cycling chick-hood and, far more importantly, being an awesome role model and mom to two little princesses.
Post a Comment