Our Thanksgiving was not too bad, I've had worse. The food was good and it was actually more fun then we anticipated. We played cards before dinner, which was a nice change. All of the adults (all 6) played Phase 10, which is sort of like gin rummy. I can't really explain all the details of the game (if you've never played it) but my mom is a crazy card player - she threw out a Wild card. Really. It was funny because I just couldn't help myself when I had a little freak out. As soon as I saw it I knew I was screwed. She threw it down, my sister went out and I ended up with a bunch of points. Thanks, Mom. Of course I had to give her a hard time. I mean, who does that?!?
Thanksgiving food made me have crazy dreams. The kind of dreams that "come alive" from stuff you've had floating around in your head but don't really want to think about. Am I the only one that happens to? And it was right before I woke up so I can remember them. And it's stuff I'd rather not dwell on so I'm having to fight hard to get them out of my brain. It's not working. Good thing my husband and I are mountain biking this morning so I can have that distraction.
No comments:
Post a Comment