I am a little embarrassed by my previous post. I'm not used to sharing stuff like that and I'm undecided if it will stay there. I'm not sure what my purpose was in putting it out there. It's not like all of a sudden things are going to change; the number of people I really trust and confide in will still be minimal. There are a few women who I do want to confide in but I always feel like what's going on with me is not as important because their lives are very busy. When I'm not working my life is not busy at all and that is part of the problem. I have too much time on my hands and too much time to think.
This is a direct copy of a paragraph from another blog, "Hissy Fits," written by a friend who has helped me with different things several times. What she talks about in this is part of what I'm getting at but she can write it better than me.
"So what's the point of all this? The point is that the message "I will not give up on you" is a powerful one and does not apply only to children who might otherwise fall through the cracks. It applies to us, as adults, who still thrive on positive feedback and a sense of accomplishment. In fact, I would argue that it also applies to us as we look at ourselves as athletes... overcoming adversity to train and race... healing from injuries, battling illnesses, finding balance with busy families, careers and tri training. Perhaps the ultimate definition of endurance is not only having the physical and mental capacity to handle imposed athletic demand but also having the ability to not give up on oneself, to find strength from within, even when your circumstances are less than perfect."
No comments:
Post a Comment