I have a daughter that is like me in so many ways. This is a blessing and a curse, sometimes I can't tell the difference. (ok, who am I kidding? most of the time I can't tell the difference! :)) She's independent, likes to do things her own way, is not a fan of authority, a little sassy, funny, articulate..... And I know all those qualities are what make her unique but we clash all the time. There are times when I feel guilty because I get on her case more often then her younger sister - mostly for doing things her way which is often different than my way. I need to do better. I don't want to break her spirit. I have to remember that she is only 6. Sometimes I really do forget.
Currently, she's having a bit of a hard time with a couple subjects at school. It breaks my heart because I know how smart she is, she just doesn't get it or see it in her head. I try to understand but I'm not sure I'm doing a very good job. She can figure out how to do the multiplications of the number 3 but has a hard time remembering how to spell 'match.' We're working on it. I hope one of these days it will just click.
No comments:
Post a Comment