I am having serious doubts about the whole "new opportunity" thing. A week ago, my husband had a very strong sense of urgency and now I don't see it. My husband has a habit of thinking a lot about something but telling me very little. We had a brief conversation about it last night and he told me he still had to do the cost analysis. I'm thinking he needs to hurry the F up. He did work on it last night, I don't know the results yet or if he finished, I went to bed. In my head I'm running through all the things that still need to be taken care of and we're losing days this week because of the Thanksgiving holiday. How much it's going to cost, a business plan, our coffee supplier, where the food is coming from and do we need a vendor, all the advertising stuff, figuring out how we're going to sell one of our cars for extra money (we have 3), the list seems to go on and on.....
Originally, he told me he wanted to open next week. Um, yeah, that's not gonna happen. Last Thursday the owner called him and offered to sell the equipment at 1/2 price because he really needs some capital right now. That doesn't exactly give me the warm, fuzzy feeling that the bike shop is doing so well and we can count on it staying open. I'm not sure what's going to happen. I think we'll be able to look at everything more in depth this weekend. It's been hard because by the time the girls go to bed, the last thing I really want to do is some serious thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment