Sunday, January 18, 2009
All done
I have finally finished my essay for the Trek contest. It took a lot longer then I thought it would. I couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted to say. My first thought was about riding for freedom but that seemed very cliche. It's partly true but I'm sure I'm not the only who goes on rides to escape the normal everyday stuff and the demands of children. I had a working draft with several paragraphs of ideas, none seemed to "fit." I tried to think about it but not really think about it... hoping something would just occur to me... and it finally did. I was driving in the car and I decided to write how I really came to enjoy cycling, which wasn't at first - that's for sure. Even if I don't get picked, I am satisfied with my essay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had no idea that you had a blog. There is some good stuff on that playlist (btw what is wrong with some Queen? I listine to that song all the time on my runs, cause you know we ARE the Champions! :) )
You will love that study at Emory, I did one similar to it a couple of years ago and found out some really interesting information. Plus you get paid for finding out things about yourself it would cost big $$$ for if you did it on your own, how can you argue with that?
Do some road races this year (please, I am doing some of the GA Cup races and would like to see at least one familiar face!)
Do you think you'll share your essay? I've very curious and nosey, so I'd love to read it. I can understand if you aren't comfortable sharing, though!
Post a Comment