Sunday, January 25, 2009
My "fix"
I realized yesterday that I truly am an endorphin junkie. I did a brick workout and while running, I didn't want to stop. I wanted to keep running even though my legs would have disagreed. That feeling of euphoria is definitely like a drug. I know I experience it often because after a spin class I'm in a better mood for hours. But that was the first time in a long time that I actually recognized it while in the middle of a workout. It's the kind of feeling that makes me want to go back for more, NOW. Then I remind myself I can't today. Even yesterday, I had to make myself stop. I have the testing tomorrow and I don't want to trash my legs - I don't want to mess up the results of the VO2 max test. (if that's possible) If you don't know much about it, you can read about the test here. I'm interested in all the tests they're doing but as an athlete, this one is probably at the top of the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment