Sometimes, for shits and giggles, I'll get out my yearbooks and flip through them. It's interesting to me sort of like a social experiment. Many, many people I went to school with I am now friends with on facebook. Sort of like I was with Mr. Man. ;) Anyway, let's say I reconnect with someone, I'll look at their current information and photos. (love the pics!) Then, if for some reason I'm drawing a blank on that person, I'll get out a yearbook and look 'em up. Or... if I want to compare what they currently look like to how they looked when I knew them before. Probably one of the most interesting things about this is when I see someone who was considered "super nerdy" and never dated is now happily married and may also have kids. It proves that there really is someone for everyone, they just had to get out of our town to find them.
I remember once telling the guys at the shop this tidbit and Charlie scoffed at it. I've been out of high school long enough to have learned this fact - he hasn't. He graduated in '07 for pete's sake!? That reminds me... my 15 year reunion should be this year. My husband and I went to our 10 year reunion and had a great time. We didn't hate high school... we didn't love it... but we didn't hate it either. Now, middle school - that's a whole different animal all together - we both hated those years. But I digress... our 10 year reunion was long enough to start to get away from the cliques our class has had for a very long time - one of the pitfalls of living in a small-ish town (it used to be!) and all the kids together for so many years. I still see some remnants of those groups but it doesn't bother me anymore; they're not so much about exclusivity like they used to be - we are adults after all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment