I was thinking about it so I Googled it to see what would come up. Wikipedia has these behaviors listed under common behaviors for passive aggressive:
- Ambiguity
- Avoiding responsibility by claiming forgetfulness
- Blaming others
- Chronic lateness and forgetfulness
- Complaining
- Does not express hostility or anger openly (e.g., expresses it instead by leaving notes)
- Fear of authority
- Fear of competition
- Fear of dependency
- Fear of intimacy (infidelity as a means to act out anger): The passive aggressive often can't trust. Because of this, they guard themselves against becoming intimately attached to someone.
- Fosters chaos
- Intentional inefficiency
- Making excuses
- Losing things
- Lying
- Obstructionism
- Procrastination
- Resentment
- Resists suggestions from others
- Sarcasm
- Stubbornness
- Sullenness
- Willful withholding of understanding
While I don't think I have a regular habit of those behaviors, some of them definitely ring a bell. Many I don't do on purpose and I don't realize it until later. Hell... writing about it in this blog is a little passive aggressive too. Dammit, Dammit, Dammit. I need to rethink some things.
No comments:
Post a Comment